|GENERAL WORKS | JOURNAL ARTICLES | HISTORY | BIOGRAPHY
LITERATURE | PERIODICALS | GENERAL ASIAN
- Bibliography of Asian studies.
Ann Arbor, Mich. : Association for Asian Studies, 1957
UCB Main DS503.1.F3
Shelved: Latest 10 vols. (1980-1989) in Reference and Bibliography
UCB SSEA DS511.A12.B6
Library has: 1956-
- Compendium of social statistics and indicators, 1988 = Recueil de statistiques et d'indicateurs sociaux,  / Department of International Economic and Social Affairs = Departement des affairs economiques... New
York : United Nations, 1991.
UCB GovSocSci HN25 .C6 1988 Ready Reference
- Contemporary women's issues [computer file] Beachwood, OH : Responsive Database Services UCB Govt/Soc Sci HQ1101.C66 compu/d
Shelved: Available through Berkeley Library Information
Network. Guide shelved as HQ1101.C66 GUIDE in Technical Documentation File. Library has: 1992/Oct 1996-
- Lao dong nu Viet Nam 1993 = Vietnam's female labour, 1993. Ha Noi : Phu nu, 1995.
UCB SSEA HD6192.5.L29 1995 REF
- Situation analysis of women and children in Viet Nam / UNICEF. Hanoi : UNICEF Viet Nam, .
UCB Main HN700.5.A8 S57 1994
- So lieu chon loc ve phu nu Viet Nam, 1975-1989 / Vien khoa hoc xa hoi Viet Nam, Trung tam nghien cuu khoa hoc ve phu nu = Selected indicators on women [sic] status in Vietnam, 1975-1989 / National Centre for Social Sciences of Vietnam, Centre for Vietnamese Women's Studies. [Ha Noi?] : Nha xuat ban thong ke, .
UCB Main HQ1750.5.S645 1990
- So lieu ve phu nu Viet Nam, 1985-1994 = Statistics on the Vietnamese women. Ha Noi : Thong ke, 1995.
UCB SSEA HQ1750.5.S675 1995 REF
- Statistical record of women worldwide / Linda Schmittroth, editor. 2nd ed.
New York : Gale Research, c1995.
UCB Hum/Area HQ1150.S73 Reference Stack
Library has: BOUND 1991
UCB Info Center HQ1150.S73
Library has: BOUND 1995(2)-
UCB Govt/Soc Sci HQ1150.S73 Ready Reference
Library has: BOUND 1995(2)
- Status of women, Vietnam. Bangkok : Unesco Principal Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, 1989.
UCB Main HQ1236.5.V5 U54 1989
UCB S-S/EAsia HQ1236.5.V5 U54 1989 REF
- Vietnam : country file. Kuala Lumpur : Asian and Pacific Development Centre, .
UCB Main HC444.A752 1993
- Viet Nam : the situation of children and women. Hanoi : United Nations Children's Fund, Office of the Special Representative, 1990.
UCB Main DS559.912.V5427 1990a
UCB S/SE Asia DS559.912.V5427 1990a REF
- Vietnamese women. [Hanoi : Xunhasaba, 1966].
Series title: Vietnamese studies (Hanoi, Vietnam : 1966) ; 10.
UCB Main DS557.A5 A1 V51, no.10
- Women in Vietnam. Selected articles from Vietnamese periodicals, Saigon, Hanoi, 1957-1966. Translated by Chiem T. Keim. [Honolulu, Institute of Advanced Projects, East-West Center] 1967.
UCB Main AS9.H38 O25 no.25
BACK TO TOP
- Cac nha van nu Viet Nam, 1900-1970 / Uyen Thao. Saigon : Nhan Chu, 1973.
UCB Main PL4378.05.U94 1973
- Fallen leaves : memoirs of a Vietnamese woman from 1940 to 1975 / Nguyen Thi Thu-Lam ; with Edith Kreisler and Sandra Christenson.
New Haven, CT, USA : Southeast Asia Studies, Yale University, c1989.
UCB Main DS556.93.N59 A3 1989
- Gioi va phat trien o Viet Nam = Gender and development in Vietnam / Le Thi Nham Tuyet, Le Van Phung, La Nham Thin. Ha Noi : Khoa Hoc Xa Hoi, 1995.
UCB Main HB1894.5.A3 L42 1995
- Hoi lien hiep phu nu Viet Nam = Glorious daughters of Viet Nam. [Hanoi] : Viet Nam Women's Union, [197-].
UCB Main HQ1749.V5 G65
- Job creation and income generation for women / [edited by] Le Thi & Vinh Thi.
[Hanoi?] : Social Sciences Pub. House, 
UCB Main HD6192.5.L4 1993
- Needs assessment on cross-border trafficking in women and children - the Mekong sub-region / Therese M. Caouette. Bangkok, Thailand : [U.N. Working Group on Trafficking in the Mekong Sub-region] 1998
UCB Main In Process
- Phu nu mien nam = The southern Vietnamese women / Le Tuyet Thanh.. et.al.]. Ho Chi Minh City : Bao tang phu nu nam bo (South Vietnamese Women's Museum), 1993.
UCB MAIN HQ1750.5.A6.P49.1993
- The traditional roles of women as reflected in oral and written Vietnamese literature / by Nhatrang Cong Huyen Ton Nu Thi. 1973.
UCB Main AS36.C3.A14 1973
- Truyen thong cach mang cua phu nu Quang Ninh / nguoi soan, Nguyen Thu Huong ; nguoi duyet, Le Thi Ngot ... [et al.]. [Quang Ninh] : Nha xuat ban Quang Ninh, 1990
UCB Main DS559.92.Q37.N44 1990
Library has: tap 1 (1990)
- Truyen thong phu nu Viet Nam. / Quoc Vuong Tran. Ha Noi, Nha Xuat Ban Phu Nu, 1972.
UCB Main DS557.A56 T71
- Viet Nam through the lens of gender : an empirical analysis using household survey data / United Nations Development Programme. Maputo, Mozambique : Directorate of National Planning, Poverty Alleviation Unit, 1995.
UCB Main HQ1750.5.V53 1995
- Vietnam's women in transition / edited by Kathleen Barry. New York : St. Martin's Press, 1996.
UCB Main HQ1750.5.V56 1996
- Vietnamese women in society and revolution / [editing, Paul Grace... et al. ; translations by Ngo Vinh Long].
Cambridge, Mass. : Vietnam Resource Center, 
UCB Main HQ1747.V531
- Women and revolution in Africa, Asia, and the New World / edited by Mary Ann Tetreault. Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina Press, c1994.
UCB Anth HQ1236.W6364 1994
UCB Main HQ1236.W6364 1994
UCB Moffitt HQ1236.W6364 1994
Shelved in Main Stack, Level D West.
- Women and revolution in Viet Nam / Arlene Eisen.
London : Zed Books ; Totowa, N.J. : US distributor: Biblio Distribution Center, c1984.
UCB Main HQ1750.5.E5 1984
- Women and revolution in Viet Nam / by Mary Ann Tetreault. [East Lansing, Mich.] : Michigan State University,, c1991.
UCD Shields HQ1870.9.W72 no.223
UCLA URL HQ 1236.5 V5T47 1991
- Women in Viet Nam / Mai Thi Tu, Le Thi Nham Tuyet. Hanoi : Foreign Languages Pub. House, 1978.
UCB Main HQ1749.V5.M21 1978
- Women of Viet Nam / by Arlene Eisen Bergman ; edited and produced collectively by Susan Adelman ... [et al.] ; illustrated by Jane Norling. [2d ed.]. San Francisco : Peoples Press, 1975.
UCB S-S/EAsia HQ1749.V5 B47 1975
UCB Moffitt HQ1750.5 .E5 1984
- Vietnam : un peuple, des voix / Mai Thu Van. Paris : P. Horay, 1983.
UCB Main HQ1750.5 .M331 1983
BACK TO TOP
- Abilateral social pattern and the status of women in traditional Vietnam / Insun Yu.
South east Asia Research, v.7:2, July 1999, p. 215-231.
- About female scientific workers at the National Centre for Social and Human Sciences / Nguyen Duy Quy.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 8-10.
- A brief account of the cult of female deities in Vietnam / Doan Lam
Vietnamese Studies, no. 131, 1999, no. 1, p. 5-19.
- A classical heroine and her modern manifestation: 'The Tale of Kieu' and its modern parallels in 'Printemps inacheve' / Nguyen, Nathalie.
French Review, v.73:3, Feb 2000, p. 454 (9 pages).
- The cult of Holy Mothers in Central Vietnam / Dong Vinh
Vietnamese Studies, no. 131, 1999, no. 1, 73-82.
- The development of household economy in Vietnamese rural areas, role and living conditions of female working people / Le Thi.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 30, 1991 p. 55-61.
- Dress of T'ai people of Vietnam / Howard,-Michael-C., 1949-; Nhung,-Be-Kim
Arts of Asia, v.29:1, Jan/Feb 1999, p. 93-105.
- Education of children in the rural family / Nguyen Thi Khoa.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 69-78.
- Evaluation of the housework of rural women / Nguyen Kim Ha.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 65-72.
- From Co-loa to the Trung Sisters' Revolt : Viet-Nam as the Chinese found it / Stephen O'Harrow
Asian Perspectives, v. 22:2, 1979, p. 140-164
- Gender relationships and status of women in development / Trinh Duy Luan.
Vietnam's Socio-Economic Development, no. 4, Wint. 1995, p.64-72.
- Higher capacities for rural women to increase their role in the course of renovation / To Duy Hop.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 14-20.
- Household economy and gender relation / Tran Thi Van Anh.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 53-59.
- Images of Vietnamese women in the poems of Ho Xuan Huong / Duong Thi Hoang Oanh.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 71, 1999, p. 31-40.
- Impact of transformation on rural women in South Vietnam / Do Thai Dong.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 73-78.
- Jobs for women in relation to social development and family happiness / Thi Kim Quy Bui.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 3, 1993, p. 94-102.
- Labour change in rural families - new roles of males and females / Le Ngoc Van
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 21-34.
- Labour conditions of female workers in enterprises adopting new technology / Nguyen Ngoc Nga.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 107-110.
- Mothers in a new country: the role of culture and communications in Vietnamese, Turkish and Filipino women's experiences of giving birth in Australia / Rhonda Small, et al.
Women and Health, v.28:3, 1999, p. 77-101.
- One Vietnamese woman's reflection on war and its human consequences / Lucy Nguyen-Hong-Nhiem.
Viet Nam Forum, no. 16, 1997, p. 157-168.
- The pantheon for the cult of Holy Mothers / Ngo Duc Thinh.
Vietnamese Studies, no. 131, 1999, p. 20-35.
- Patterns of Vietnamese refugee women's wagework in the U.S. / Nazli Kibri.
Ethnic Groups, 1989, v.7:4, p. 297-323.
- Printing and power: Vietnamese debates over women's place in society, 1918-1934 / Shawn McHale.
IN: Essays into Vietnamese Pasts / edited by K.W. Taylor and John K. Whitmore,
Ithaca, N.Y. : Southeast Asia Program, Cornell University, 1995, p.173-194.
- Problems facing rural women in the period of transformation / Dao The Tuan, Dao The Anh and Le Thi Chau Dung.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 64, 1998, p. 42-51.
- Providing more background for discussions about social policies towards the countryside and rural women / Ha Thi Phuong Tien.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 56-64.
- Relationship between economic life and health care for the family and women / Le Ngoc Lan.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 60-68.
- The remakings of a legend : women and patriotism in the hagiography of the Trung Sisters / Womack, Sarah.
Crossroads, v. 9:2, 1995, p. 31-50
- The role of Vietnamese women in traditional folk performances / Do Lan Phuong
IN: Cultures in ASEAN and the 21st century / edited by Edwin Thumboo.
Singapore : UniPress, 1996, p. 291-295.
- Rural women and the problem of economic and occupational re-structuring in the suburbs of Ho Chi Minh City / Nguyen Thi Hoa.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 79-85.
- Social policies on preventing and curbing prostitution / Le Thi Quy.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 97-100.
- Social policy towards rural women / Le Thi Vinh Thi.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 58, 1997, p. 35-48.
- Some problems about the family and woman advancement / Le Minh.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 57, 1997, pg. 71-80.
- Tradition and modernity in family life of ethinic groups in the mountainous areas of north Vietnam / Do Thuy Binh.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 79-90.
- Traditional dresses of ethnic minority people
Women of Vietnam Review, no. 1, 2000, p. 12-13 ; 21.
- Typical rites of the cult of Holy Mothers / Nguyen Minh San, Ngo Duc Thinh, Doan Lam.
Vietnamese Studies, no. 131, 1999, no. 1, p. 36-55.
- Vietnamese double marriage squeeze / Daniel Goodkind.
IN: Cultures in ASEAN and the 21st century / edited by Edwin Thumboo. c1996, p. 291-295
- The Vietnamese family ; its responsibilities and sources of force in the renovation / Duong Thoa.
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 27-43.
- Vietnamese Flag and a Bowl of Australian Flowers : recomposing racism and sexism / Julie Mariko Mathews.
Gender, Place and Culture : a Journal of Feminist Geography, v. 4:1, March 1997, p. 5-18.
- Vietnamese woman in scientific creation and technological transference / H. Lich.
Women in Action, no. 2, 1994, p.17-19.
- Vietnamese Women Planning Their Future / Ruth Cadwallader.
International Peace Update, v. 62:4, August 1997, p. 11.
- Vietnam Women's Union with the job of caring for and protecting women and children / Bich Thuan (translated by Nguyen Duc Hoat).
Vietnamese Studies Review no. 3, 1998, p.29-39.
- Vietnamese women and the Renovation / Nguyen Thi Binh
Vietnam Social Sciences, no. 45, 1995, p. 4-8
- Vietnamese women during the past ten years / Le Thi
Vietnam Social Science, no. 45, 1995, p. 11-26
- Viet Keu- American Vietnamese Women The Viet Kue
Vietnam Social Science no.00
- Vietnamese Women: Their Roles and Their Options / Marilyn W. Hoskins.
IN: Changing Identities in Modern Southeast Asia. The Hague : Mouton / edited by David J. Banks, 1976. p. 127-46
- We have equality but we are not yet equal : the Vietnamese Women's Union / Jeff Jones Institute of Advanced Projects, East-West Center] 1967.
South Asia Bulletin, vol.8:1-2 (1988), p. 124-128
- Women and the implementation of hte National Population and Family Planning Programme in Vietnam / Hoang Thi Lich
Vietnam Social Sciences no. 45, 1995, p. 44-52
- Women of Vietnam / after socialism, fighting sexism / S. Brownmiller.
The Nation, v. 259:3, July 19, 1994, p.82-84.
- Women's Work-Peace and Reconcilation / Ruth Cadwallader Peace and Freedom, v.57:5, Fall 1997, p. 6-7.
- Minority organizations: a national directory. 4th ed. Garrett Park, MD: Garrett Park Press, c1992.
Women,Asian: Ref. 305.8025 M666
Directory of organizations in the United States that serve minority populations. Educational, business, governmental and advocacy groups, among others, are included.
- Selected bibliography of social science readings on women of color: a publication from the Center for Research on Women, Memphis State University. Memphis:
The Center, 1987.
Women,Asian: working papers Contains general works on Asian American women, as well as citations
of feminist research which explore the political and economic circumstances of women.
- Women of color organizations & projects: a national directory. Oakland, CA: The Women of Color Resource Center, c1991.
Women,Asian: Ref. 306 B966w
This directory includes organizations which were founded by, are presently led by, and/or whose staff, membership or constituency is predominantly women of color. Organizations not meeting this criteria which nonetheless focus on issues of concern to women of color are also included.
- Women, race, and ethnicity: a bibliography. Madison, Wis.: University of Wisconsin
System Women's Studies Librarian, 1991.
Women,Asian: Ref. 016.30542 S439w
A selective, annotated list of college level print and audiovisual resources. Emphasizes recent materials on women of non-WASP background in the United States.
BACK TO TOP
- Linking our lives: Chinese American women of Los Angeles: a joint project of Asian American Studies Center, University of California, Los Angeles and Chinese Historical Society of Southern California. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Society, c1984.
Women,Asian: 305.48951 C518l
Based on an oral history project which captured the experiences of Chinese immigrants in Southern California, this text is an historical survey of women in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Transcripts of personal interviews are also included.
- Linnekin, Jocelyn. Sacred queens and women of consequence: rank, gender, and colonialism in the Hawaiian Islands. Women and culture series. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, c1990. Women,Asian: 996.9 L758s
Discusses the social and economic condition of Hawaiian women, as well as their social life and customs, throughout the nineteenth century.
- Montage: an ethnic history of women in Hawaii. Honolulu, Hawaii: General Assistance Center for the Pacific, College of Education, Educational Foundations, University of Hawaii: State Commission on the Status of Women, 1977.
Women,Asian: 996.9 Y74m, oversize Records histories of ethnically diverse populations of Hawaii, including among others Japanese, Portuguese, Korean, Black and Samoan women.
- Nakano, Mei T. (Mei Takaya). Japanese American women: three generations, 1890-1990. Berkeley: Mina Press Pub.; San Francisco: Nat'l Japanese American Historical Society, c1990.
Women,Asian: 973.04956 N163j
Story about Japanese picture brides, and their daughters and granddaughters. Traces the history of three generations of women from time of immigration to the present, and explores their culture.
- Trask, Haunani-Kay. From a native daughter: colonialism and sovereignty in Hawai'i. Monroe, Me.: Common Courage Press, c1993.
Women,Asian: 996.9 T775f
An historical account of the colonization of Hawaii, this critical analysis discusses the need for Native self-determination and sovereignty.
- Women's voices in Hawaii. Niwot, Colo.: University Press of Colorado, c1991.
Women,Asian: 996.9 L451w
Collection of oral histories of ethnically diverse group of Hawaiian women. Discusses their work, lifestyles, survival strategies, and aspirations.
- Yu, Diana. The winds of change. 1st ed. Silver Spring, MD.: Women's Institute Press,c1991.
Women,Asian: 973.04957 Y94w
Examines the discrimination women face in Korea, and compares it to the patriarchal attitudes which Korean American women continue to confront in the United States.
- Yung, Judy. Chinese women of America: a pictorial history. Seattle: Published for the Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco by University of Washington Press, c1986.
Women,Asian: 305.48951 Y95c
Based largely on oral histories this text examines the experiences of Chinese American women from early immigration to the present.
BACK TO TOP
- Alexander, Meena. Fault lines: a memoir. The Cross-cultural memoir series. New York:
Feminist Press at the City University of New York, 1993.
Women,Asian: 811.54 A377f
- Called from within: early women lawyers of Hawaii. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, c1992.
Women,Asian: 996.9 M434c
This collection of biographies of seventeen women of the Hawaiian bar covers the period from the 19th century to the present day.
- Larsen, Wanwadee. Confessions of a mail order bride: American life through Thai eyes. Far Hills, N.J.: New Horizon Press, c1989.
Women,Asian: 973.04959 L334c
Chronicles the author's journey from Thailand to the United States, and her experiences as a asian wife and mother. Based on diary entries over a ten year period.
- Lee, Helie. Still life with rice: a young American woman discovers the life and legacy of her Korean grandmother. New York: Scribner, c1996.
Women,Asian: 973.04957 B139s
Story of a Korean grandmother's life told by her Korean-American granddaughter. Explores the differences between the American and Korean cultures.
- Lee, Mary Paik. Quiet odyssey: a pioneer Korean woman in America. Seattle: University of Washington Press, c1990.
Women,Asian: 973.04957 L479q
Autobiography of one of the last survivors of a small group of Korean immigrants who traveled to Hawaii and the Pacific Coast at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Ross, James R. Caught in a tornado: A Chinese American woman survives the Cultural Revolution. Boston: Northeastern University Press, 1994.
Women,Asian: 951.05 W467r
The story of a Chinese-American woman who returns to China to teach English and finds herself caught in the middle of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. This examines both Chinese and American culture and values towards women.
- Sinclair, Marjorie Jane Putman. Nahienaena, sacred daughter of Hawaii. Honolulu: University Press of Hawaii, c1976.
Women,Asian: 996.9 N15s
Biography of this 19th century princess, daughter of King Kamehameha I and his wife Keopulani.
- Yamauchi, Wakako. Songs my mother taught me: stories, plays, and memoir. New York: Feminist Press at the City University of New York, 1994.
Women,Asian: 818.54 Y19s
A collection of stories and plays that illustrate the Japanese-American experience over two generations of Asians.
BACK TO TOP
- Davenport, Kiana. Shark dialogues. New York: Atheneum: Toronto: Maxwell Macmillan International, 1994.
Women,Asian: 813.54 D2265s
This novel is a contemporary epic saga of a Polynesian Hawaiian family. It depicts many historical and political truths about Hawaii and her people.
- The Forbidden stitch: an Asian-American women's anthology. Corvallis, OR: Calyx Books, c1988.
Women,Asian: 810.8 G345f
Poetry and prose works attest to the diversity of Asian American women, and discuss topics such as political action, sexual abuse and Chinese culture.
- Home to stay: Asian American women's fiction. 1st ed. Greenfield Center, NY: Greenfield Review Press, c1990.
Women,Asian: 810.8 W314h
Collection of stories which offer cross cultural perspectives of Asian American women, and tell their stories of reaching their "cultural homes."
- Ling, Amy. Between worlds: women writers of Chinese ancestry. The Athene series. New York: Pergamon Press, c1990.
Women,Asian: 810.99287 L755b
Offers introduction and historical background to literature written by women of Chinese or partial Chinese ancestry. Identifies, interprets, and analyzes these works which vary in thematic concern.
- Liu, Aimee. Face. New York, NY: Warner Books, c1994.
Women,Asian: 813.54 L783f
A fictional account of a young woman of mixed Chinese heritage who comes to terms with the Chinese-American culture from which she was rejected.
- Louie, Andrea. Moon cakes: a novel. 1st ed. New York: Ballantine Books, 1995.
Women,Asian: 813.54 L888m
Fictional portrayal of Chinese-American woman who discovers her Chinese heritage while traveling through China. Examination of American identity.
- Making waves: an anthology of writings by and about Asian American women. Boston: Beacon Press, c1989.
Women,Asian: 305.48895 A832m
This collection of essays, short stories and memoirs covers topics such as immigration, war, employment and activism.
- Shigekuni, Julie. A bridge between us. 1st ed. New York: Anchor Books, c1995.
Women,Asian: 813.54 S5497b
Story of four generations of Japanese-American women living in San Francisco. It examines the strength of Japanese cultural traditions and the integration of American culture.
- Sister stew: fiction and poetry by women. Honolulu, Hawaii: Bamboo Ridge Press, 1991.
Women,Asian: 810.99287 K82S
Collection comprised of both the works of ethnically diverse group of Hawaiian women, as well as women who have lived or are currently residing there.
- Unbroken thread: an anthology of plays by Asian American women. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, c1993.
Women,Asian: 812.54 U58u
Collection of six plays which addresses the experiences of Asian Americans in the United States. Also identifies and attacks the perpetuation of cultural and sexual stereotypes.
- Yamanaka, Lois-Ann. Wild meat and the bully burgers. 1st ed. New York: Farrar Straus Giroux, 1996.
Women,Asian: 813.54 Y21w
Fictional portrayal of the cultural gaps within Japanese-American culture. Exploration of Hawaiian and Hawaiian Creole cultures.
BACK TO TOP
- All she wrote. Nov.-Dec. 1981- [Honolulu, Hi.]: YWCA of Oahu, University YWCA, 1981-
Women,Asian: Periodicals Files Scattered issues, 1981-1985.
- The Brown papers. No. 1- [Washington, D.C.]: The Institute, 1984-
Women,Asian: Periodicals Files 1984-1985 only
- The Ethnic woman. Vol. 1, no. 1 (Dec. 1977)- New York, N.Y.: The Ethnic Woman, 1977-
Women,Asian: Periodicals Files
Library currently subscribes to this title.
- Ferity. [Dec. 1977]-Aug.-Sept. 1981 Honolulu: University YWCA, YWCA of Oahu, 1977-1981
Women,Asian: Periodicals Scattered issues, 1977-1981.
- Women of color news. -v. 2, no. 4 (Oct. 1984). Milwaukee, WI: Women of Color Cooperative, -1984.
Women,Asian: Periodicals Files
Library has: vol.2: no. 3-4 (1984 July-Oct.)
BACK TO TOP
- A Lotus of another color: an unfolding of the South Asian gay and lesbian experience Edited by Rakesh Ratti. Boston: Alyson Publications, 1993.
Women,Asian: 306.766 R237
Collection of interviews, essays, poetry and fiction which recount the coming out stories of South Asian men and women, as well as those of discrimination, prejudice and love.
- Women in shadows: a handbook for service providers working with Asian wives of U.S. military personnel. LaJolla, Calif. (964 LaJolla Rancho Rd., LaJolla 92037): National Committee Concerned with Asian Wives of U.S. Servicemen, c1981.
Women,Asian: 362.83 K49w
Provides background cultural information on Asian women and the difficulties they experience adjusting to life in the United States. Offers recommendations for working with battered Asian American women and their partners in the military.
- Yap, Stacey G. H. Gather your strength, sisters: the emerging role of Chinese women community workers. Immigrant communities & ethnic minorities in the United States & Canada; 24. New York: AMS Press, 1989.
Women,Asian: 305.48951 Y25g
Discusses the role Chinese American women play in community development and social/political action.
BACK TO VIETNAM